Linear roller guide works on the basis of following rolling elements: balls, rollers or needles.
The rolling elements used ensure a very low-friction function due to the small contact area.
A widely used type of construction are linear guideways with a rolling element circulation, whereby rolling elements roll in an endless circle on specially shaped, hardened raceways between the guide carriage and the guide rail.
In the case of a shaft guide, however, balls circulate in a linear ball bearing and run directly on the smooth surface of a precision steel shaft. To avoid rotation of the linear ball bearing in certain applications, grooved shafts are used. The balls run off in the long-ground grooves. In the case of track roller guides, various track rollers take on the function of rolling elements. Depending on the type of castors, they work on straight, square or round steel profiles.
In the case of ball screws, balls roll between the threaded spindle and ball screw nut. A rotational movement with a very high degree of efficiency is converted into a linear movement.
In a flat or angled cage guide, rolling elements are stored in the designated cage pockets without falling out and are embedded between two raceways.
- Linear guides Linear guides provide a precise guiding function for positioning loads in combination with linear motion driving elements, such as actuators or ball screws. As linear guide rail manufacturers, our linear range includes precision rail guides, various profile rail guides, linear guide rail systems, heavy duty linear guide rails, linear plain bearings and linear ball bearings, as well as units with precision shafts. From a few micron of stroke up to several meters of movement, almost any precise motion application in industrial or office environments is possible. The high product standardisation provides high-quality components even for applications with the lowest friction or noise emission request.
- Linear systems Ewellix linear motion systems are powerful and cutting-edge solutions for precise linear positioning and "pick and place" handling tasks. The tables and modules feature our linear guides as a ready-to-use solution for precise movements. The wide variety of linear motion systems offered ranges from manual control systems to linear motorised control systems for dynamic motion profiles. The various designs and features are suitable for virtually all machine applications in terms of cost, size, accuracy and motion patterns. Ewellix's expertise in standard and custom linear motion systems is based on engineering and design know-how of processes and precision parts.
- Ball and roller screws Ewellix offers customers precision ball and roller screw solutions that meet the most demanding linear motion applications, including heavy duty ball screw. We have decades of experience in the manufacture of ball and roller screws used in a wide variety of industrial applications for linear actuators and have engaged in continuous product and process development. EWELLIX ball and roller screws set the industry standard for efficiency, precision, durability and value. Ewellix provides solutions for applications that require motion control. Ball and roller screws turn an input rotary motion into linear motion output.
- Linear actuators Ewellix's extensive experience and knowledge of electromechanical solutions can satisfy the most demanding requirements. With the widest range on the market of linear actuators, control units and operating devices, Ewellix is the preferred partner to match your unique application needs.Electric linear actuators create stable, accurate back and forth movement. These devices have an endless range of applications. If the process involves pushing, pulling, lifting or sliding, a linear actuator can be a key part of the solution.Ewellix supplies a wide range of linear actuators and their associated control units and accessories. We specialise in compact, high-quality devices, suitable for many different industry applications (including mini linear actuator). A variety of stroke ranges are available, as well as linear actuators that can handle medium and high loads. An example is the linear screw actuator.In the Ewellix online catalogue you will find powerful linear actuators for all kinds of industrial applications. Choose the voltage that meets your needs: 12v linear actuator, 24v linear actuator, 48v linear actuator, 115v linear actuator, 120v linear actuator, 220v linear actuator or 230v linear actuator: see the datasheet or contact us for any additional information.
- High-performance actuators Ewellix offers a wide range of high performance electromechanical linear actuators, in a variety of designs and setups for both general and specific industrial applications. They range from high load capacities (heavy duty linear actuator) and fast operating speeds (high speed and fast linear actuator) to systems designed for the quietest possible operation and aesthetic elegance.In particular, Ewellix offers a range of heavy-duty actuators designed for constant motion, low to high force, usually high speed and capable of performing many cycles during its service life. These products offer very high positioning accuracy and controllability, enabling precise motion control with loads from few kilos up to 50 tons.No matter the application in mind, whether for heavy-duty engineering work in mobile machinery or precision work in simulator and testing equipment, we can supply the actuation systems you need. If none of the products below suit your requirements, contact us to find out about how our custom solutions can help you.
- Lifting columns Lifting columns (also known as telescopic pillars) are a smart solution to implement a lifting function in industrial equipment. They are quiet, robust and powerful, and have an attractive design and satisfy the most demanding requirements. In addition to these individual lifting column modules, EWELLIX provides LIFTKIT lifting system for robots' seventh axis applications. They offer a range of different telescopic lifting columns, in addition to various control units and operating switches. Furthermore they also offer a customised lifting columns service which has enabled them to provide unique, client-specific solutions for a number of technical projects.
- 7th axis for robots Ewellix provides effective solutions to complete vertical and horizontal adjustment in a smart way with a wide range of “ready to mount” additional linear axis solutions. We designed them for different applications, giving your robot an extended operational range.
Rotating equipment performance
Are you getting 100% from your equipment? Address your specific performance needs through our wide assortment of products, technologies, services and flexible new business models
Life Model (GBLM)
Choose the right bearing for the right application, every time. The GBLM lets SKF customers and distributors calculate whether a hybrid bearing will outperform a steel one in a given application – or not.
Εxplore our wide range of products
Mounted bearings and housings
Marine Bearings – ORKOT
Motion Plastics – IGUS
Lubrication systems & Pump systems
Power transmission solutions
Rod ends, spherical plain bearings
Shaft braking systems
Bushings, thrust washers and strips