The Maxxus® Universal Joint is a technically advanced universal driveshaft designed for the toughest applications in the metals industry.
Universal driveshafts in general offer many advantages over gear spindles. Universal driveshafts reduce chatter, handle more misalignment, and extend your lubrication schedule. But the Maxxus® Universal Joint is unique. Its block design allows the joints to carry more torque for a given swing diameter than competing yoke type universal joints. The Maxxus Universal Joint gives you the most torque capacity for a given space. It is easier to assemble and maintain than competing products.
Features & Benefits
- High misalignment, high torque capacity for a given diameter compared to other designs available in the market today.
- Size range: 160 mm to 1200 mm diameter.
- Torque range: 144,000 lb-in (16.4kN-m) to 150 million lb-in (16,900 kN-m).
- Easy to maintain, install and remove with the fewest components.
- Offered in partnership with Koyo, leading universal joint manufacturer in Japan.
- All available from the leading technology company, with the broadest range of couplings, in the industry.
- Most power-dense of the universal joints.
- Designed for high torque and high misalignment applications.
- Less maintenance required when compared to the conventional mill spindle.
Mounted bearings and housings
Marine Bearings – ORKOT
Motion Plastics – IGUS
Lubrication systems & Pump systems
Power transmission solutions
Rod ends, spherical plain bearings
Shaft braking systems
Bushings, thrust washers and strips