Reduce maintenance costs with robust quality chain. Mean-time-between-failures (MTBF) is an important measure of reliability, and is critical in power transmission systems. Robust chain drives extend mean-time-between-failures, which reduces maintenance costs. Some chain systems are of inferior quality, having low wear resistance and little ability to withstand harsh conditions such as temperature variation and shock loading. Our wide variety of chains include many high-performance variants, and are often specified when other products fail.
All SKF chains undergo strict quality control from monitoring the raw material used in individual components, to testing the finished products. Chain drive calculators, power rating tables and expertise from SKF engineers help you to specify a chain correctly. You can browse and specify products by clicking the ‘Online Catalogue’ button, then choosing a product.
- All products conform to ISO, and standards including ANSI, DIN and JIS
- Available in many standard product types
- Chains work from –20 to +150°C (stainless steel chains work up to 400°C)
- Raw materials tested against tight specifications
- Processes such as annealing and shot peening further enhance performance
- Calculation tools available
Mounted bearings and housings
Marine Bearings – ORKOT
Motion Plastics – IGUS
Lubrication systems & Pump systems
Power transmission solutions
Rod ends, spherical plain bearings
Shaft braking systems
Bushings, thrust washers and strips