JAUFLEX® couplings use an elastomeric element that provides the required torsional flexibility for smooth torque transmission. With the proper selection of the element type and coupling size, all shocks or torsional vibration at the driven shaft can be avoided.
The JAURE JAUFLEX® coupling is a non-lubricated elastomeric coupling and provides torsional flexibility for a smooth torque transmission. It allows to accommodate the inherent offset and angular misalignment between the connected shafts, as well as most axial displacement caused by thermal growth or small machine movements caused by foundation setting or pipe stresses.
- The hubs of the JAUFLEX coupling are of the jaw type, made of steel.
- The cavities for the flexible element are precision machined, not cast.
- The elastomeric elements are barrel shaped and interconnected by a ring, thus forming a single piece, easy to install and remove.
- They eliminate the transmission of torsional vibration through their elasticity and high damping factor.
- Three elastomers with different hardness are available. A high hardness element can be selected for large torque capacity. A soft element can be used for a smooth torque transmission.
- Air circulation is provided on both sides of the element for easy heat removal.
- It accommodates offset, angular and axial misalignments.
- It is comparatively small in size and weight.
- The fact that it is machined and that the elastic element is very light and precision molded, creates a small residual imbalance. Further balancing can be performed if necessary.
- The long life of the elastomeric element is ensured by the smooth surfaces of the hub jaws.
- Requires no lubrication.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Inherently electrically insulated, as there is no metal contact between the two hubs.
Mounted bearings and housings
Marine Bearings – ORKOT
Motion Plastics – IGUS
Lubrication systems & Pump systems
Power transmission solutions
Rod ends, spherical plain bearings
Shaft braking systems
Bushings, thrust washers and strips